Genealogy of the Saterfiels of West Monroe, LA
Close this page to return to the previous page
Individual names highlighted in green
are ancestors of the Saterfiels of West Monroe, LA
Thomas Hatcher, Sr.
(maternal 5great-grandfather of Lillian Arrant Saterfiel)
b. 1725 in Henrico, VA
m. Wilmoth Blankenship (b. Abt 1730 - ?) abt 1745 in Henrico, VA
d. before 1790 in Edgefield, S Carolina
Children of Wilmoth Blankenship and Thomas Hatcher, Sr.
1. William Hatcher, b. Abt 1747, Chesterfield, Virginia, USA , d. Bef 1830, Sullivan, Tennessee, USA
2. Robert Hatcher, b. Abt 1750
3. Thomas Hatcher, Jr., b. Abt 1765, Edgefield, South Carolina, USA
4. John Hatcher, b. Abt 1770, Edgefield, South Carolina, USA
5. Reuben Hatcher, b. Bef 1774, Edgefield, South Carolina, USA , d. Bef 1850, Mitchell, Georgia, USA
6. Dempsey Hatcher, b. Abt 1776, Edgefield, South Carolina, USA
. . .Thomas Hatcher Sr, a resident of EdgefieldCo, SC, was a Captain in the spring of 1778. . .
Notes for WILMOTH BLANKENSHIP: 1. This line form Nel Hatcher firstname.lastname@example.org 2. From "Chesterfield Co, VA Deed Book 5, 1764-1768", p 187, by Weisinger. "I, Jeffrey Robertson of Chesterfield Co., for good causes, but especially because Mary Condrey, Wilmoth Hatcher, and Frances Moor, parceners and daughters of William Blankenship, dec'd, have with their husbands, acknowledged a deed to convey to Henry Mills, 100 acres, part of a tract granted by patent to said Blankenship, and on a division to said parceners, fell to Wilmoth Hatcher and her husband, Thomas Hatcher, grant to Thomas Hatcher 100 acres, including plantation he lives on. 28 July 1761." Wit: Robt. Elam, John Condre, Jacob Ashhurst. Signed: Jeffery Robertson Recorded 7 Aug 1761